jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Can regular cider vinegar be used for the same cleaning purposes as white vinega

1. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 5 years ago

Can regular cider vinegar be used for the same cleaning purposes as white vinegar?

I use white vinegar for many cleaning purposes in the bathroom and kitchen and as well for cleaning windows and mirrors, but sometimes I run out and have been tempted to use regular apple cider vinegar. Is this safe for appliances and porcelain, and if it is does regular vinegar clean as efficiently as white?

2. CrisSp profile image84
    CrisSpposted 5 years ago

Hmm, I must go experiment on this. However, it's rather expensive than the regular white vinegar. So, maybe not so practical. One thing, I can attest is that, I use ACV to clean my face 2 or 3 times a week.  It dries out zits and makes my skin glow. I don't see any harm patting it on my face since it's all natural. Downside? The smell though it quickly evaporates. As well, I only do it at night after washing my face before bed. I'll come back to you with the result of my experiment. (:

1. bethperry profile image91
      bethperryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow. I have a couple of kids who might be interested in trying this for zits, thanks!

3. Shawn May Scott profile image61
    Shawn May Scottposted 5 years ago

It is sticky and will leave a residue for stuff to stick to. There is a sugar content to it. I only use white for cleaning. I usually stock up and buy 2-3 jugs at a time so I am not running out. I also coupon for it and buy it on sale. The sales for vinegar will be comming soon as the pickling season is around the corner.  smile

4. Anne Pettit profile image73
    Anne Pettitposted 5 years ago

The problem with regular cider vinegar is that it has a color which can discolor what you are cleaning.  If it does not discolor what you are cleaning, then it has the same cleaning properties as colorless white vinegar.

working