jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What do you most like to grow in your garden?

1. Jean Rogers profile image82
    Jean Rogersposted 5 years ago

What do you most like to grow in your garden?

What do you most enjoy growing in your garden and why? Also, any tips on how to grow your favorite plant would be interesting. I love growing tomatoes because I enjoy the smell of them. Strawberries are also a favorite because they are easy and I like finding new sweet berries daily. How about you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6696650_f260.jpg

2. houseofjcjee profile image78
    houseofjcjeeposted 5 years ago

I herb a mini-herb garden on my porch. I have finger chilies, bird's eye chili, sweet basil, and mint. My tomatoes and squash are now starting to grow as well. I am looking forward to a good harvest of tomatoes this season.

1. The Dirt Farmer profile image97
      The Dirt Farmerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your mini herb garden sounds charming. What a great idea! You can grab a handful of herbs to cook with as you're heading in the door from work!

3. backporchstories profile image81
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Seems like I have moved a few times in my lifespan and find myself redoing new gardens at new places.  First, I let a season go by and see what comes up naturally, then start to work a natural garden from those plants I like.  I am a big herb gardener, but love flowers too.  Some of my favorites are all the mints, basil, dill, cilantro and chamomile.  With the flowers, I love my irises and the rose bushes of all kinds, but one of my favorite flower is the Blue Button.

4. The Dirt Farmer profile image97
    The Dirt Farmerposted 5 years ago

Hi Jean! Like you, I enjoy growing tomatoes the most in our vegetable garden. We plant them in raised beds, pots and stick them here and there in the flowerbeds. And we always find a use for the every last tomato that's produced. It's very rewarding! This year, as far as flowers are concerned, I am enjoying out native plants, like cone flowers and butterfly weed, the most. The hot, dry weather isn't getting them down! They're real survivors.

working