jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you prefer showers or baths?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer showers or baths?

2. DreamerMeg profile image89
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

It depends on the shower type and also the time of year.
    I normally take a bath because I love to lie down and soak in hot water. It's also useful to get the ears underwater because that helps prevent the build up of wax. If it's cold, then a hot bath gets you nice and warm for getting into bed.

But if there is a power shower available, I love one of those. I was in an hotel one time with a HUGE bathroom, where the shower was an AREA (not a cubicle) and you could move about in it and the power of the shower was great, because if you have thick or long hair, you need extra power to get all the suds out. I don't like coming out of the shower area into a cold bathroom. BbbbRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr

3. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

Where I live in northern Brazil, you are hard pushed to find somewhere with a bath. We have three shower rooms here in my home. Because the homes have no hot water plumbed in, all the showers are either cool or are an electric shower.
    There are some days I would love a nice soak in a tub though.
    Because the weather is always warm 86°F (30°C) showers are the better option here.
    Often people will have a drencher style shower in the garden to wash off sand from the beach or before going into a pool. The water we use is well water and it is never cold, only refreshingly cool .
    So in answer to your question, a shower.

4. algarveview profile image90
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

Depends on the time of year, summer certainly showers, winter long baths... I especially like to come home in the winter, freezing, and just have a long, hot bath... Is there anything better, putting on the pyjamas afterwards and feeling warm and confortable...

5. carolinemd21 profile image84
    carolinemd21posted 5 years ago

Baths. They are just relaxing and make me feel good.

6. gail641 profile image69
    gail641posted 5 years ago

I would prefer showers when I have to go to work in the morning real early, because its quicker. Its nice to take baths, though, because then you can sit awhile and enjoy the hot water and/or bubble baths.

7. kekesolis profile image76
    kekesolisposted 5 years ago

It depends. Mostly showers because they're faster. In a house with 7 kids, mom doesn't usually get that much quality time to herself. Baths I usually only do as a means to relax (and that usually can't happen unless everyone is at school). Sometimes there simply just isn't enough hours in my day for that much relaxation.

8. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I dream of taking baths, however, I refuse to indulge in them. Bathing is relaxing and a luxury. Even so, I'm allergic to bubble bath, cleansing salts, body lotions, and hair products. So a shower limits my contact time with what I'm allergic to.

9. Hui (蕙) profile image81
    Hui (蕙)posted 5 years ago

Indeed, I prefer to take a bath to completely release the body at a time. Especially, with rose petals on the water surface, rose essence oil fragrance and light music in the air, when I get whole relaxation and clear away all worry...

But it should all depend on work and time. Shower is quickly and necessarily in everyday life. We don't have much time to kill, then just by hurry!

So, usually, I take a relax bath at the weekend.

10. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I'll make my answer short and sweet, a shower.

11. crossroasblogging profile image60
    crossroasbloggingposted 5 years ago

living in hot and humid country, shower works for me. it's quick, fun and make yourself clean as well. smile

12. joyfuldesigns profile image68
    joyfuldesignsposted 5 years ago

If its for relaxing, definitely a bath.  For daily getting clean, a shower.