jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you actually have been the elimination of slavery in the world?

1. Ahmed Med profile image60
    Ahmed Medposted 5 years ago

Do you actually have been the elimination of slavery in the world?

December 02 is International Day for the Abolition of Slavery What do you think?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7426158_f260.jpg

2. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Slavery largely dropped away after 1865, when chattel slavery ended in the United States. But it came back on the rise again somewhere between 1970 and 1990, and, in the last few years, there is more attention, and it is probably going down again.

It would be wonderful if chattel slavery (legal ownership of one person by another) ended completely, but that is unlikely Governments are becoming less functional and more corrupt and oppressive. Powerful people are greedy and enjoy control, and being slave-owners fulfills those desires. So I think that there will, unfortunately, always be some slavery going around. May it be less and less.

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately, slavery still exists. Perhaps not as we know it, but people are still being abducted and sold into 'white slavery', children are still forced to work and other such situations you and I still don't know about.

4. safiq ali patel profile image72
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

No I  do not believe that slavery has been abolished. There are many millions around the world who still have to work in a captive state. They do not have a right to their own name, they are removed from their families and. Of the modern world they are its worst story. Men, women and children are eduring slave conditions to this very day.

working