jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your flooring material preference?

1. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 5 years ago

What is your flooring material preference?

Wood, wood laminate, laminate designs, carpet or stone?  I guess it depends on the room itself, but what's your preference?

2. Goody5 profile image68
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Definitely carpet, because it's quieter & softer on the feet.

3. Energy Guild profile image86
    Energy Guildposted 5 years ago

The healthiest choice for flooring and the longest lasting in solid wood flooring.  Carpet is very comfortable, but it traps dirt and dust and is virtually impossible to get completely clean after a period of time.  Solid wood floors can be refinished over and over to look and feel brand new, avoiding the need for expensive replacement every 10 to 20 years as would be the case with laminate or carpet.  Tile is a good looking choice, but is hard on the body like walking on concrete.  However, there is no better choice that tile for bathrooms.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Wood or wood laminate. Designs in the floor are beautiful if only kept to the kitchen, living room, or entrance. It's more comfortable and not as cold as stone. Carpet seems irritating to me. I have no idea why, but I've never liked carpet.

5. JON EWALL profile image73
    JON EWALLposted 5 years ago

In making a choice of what type of flooring one should choose is based on  location( room use), best usage and longevity, cost and personal feelings for the finished product. Let's not forget that a future sale could effect a price benefit in using the right materials in the right place.

working