jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What minimal temperature has to be in the room to make you feel comfortable?

1. jantamaya profile image75
    jantamayaposted 5 years ago

What minimal temperature has to be in the room to make you feel comfortable?

2. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Marie, I have personally observed among my own kinfolk that as one's age goes up so does the temperature in one's parlor. I can recall sweating through mandatory visits to elderly aunts and uncles, watching their parlor stoves take on an ominous red glow and wondering to myself if said aunts/uncles were attempting to acclimate themselves for their pending afterlives.

Well, I don't need to prepare for hell, I've lived over half a century in Texas! I tend to keep the temperature inside the house between 70F to 75F.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

70. The thermostat is always close to 70. Don't touch it, don't mess with it. That's how it will always stay. Except for when sleeping, we use a gigantic fan pointed right at us.

4. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

LOL!! I wish I could answer this but since I take 'flushings' the temperature I like goes to about minus 5. Then when they pass I guess I like a nice warm room - not too warm - maybe about 70? But that's only until the flushings start again!! Also, I hate to sleep in warm rooms, even in winter I have to have a window open to let fresh air in.

1. JimTxMiller profile image78
      JimTxMillerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amen to the night time temps! I knock the old thermostat down south of 60 about an hour, hour and a half before sleep time. Both AnniePie and I need a cold room for that long winter's (and summer's) nap.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Just like JimTxMiller says, as we age, the higher temps are more comfortable. I used to roast in anything over about 68.  Now 70 is where the thermostat is set but we are comfortable if it gets up to 73 but we notice the dogs starting to pant so we turn it down.

6. Borsia profile image43
    Borsiaposted 5 years ago

For me it is around 65-70 down to 55 for sleeping. However I live in the tropics where it is rarely cooler than 75 at night and 80 during the day. Of course it is often much hotter most of the time. For me this is the hardest thing in acclimating to the Philippines.
    Before I lived here I lived in Colombia in the Andes at 4,000'. it was roughly 75 all year round a little warmer or cooler but seldom more than 5* variance. Pretty much perfect weather.