jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What makes you feel like home? Is it a scent, a song, a picture, a place or some

1. elayne001 profile image72
    elayne001posted 4 years ago

What makes you feel like home? Is it a scent, a song, a picture, a place or something else?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Just as the old saying goes, "Home is where the heart is."

3. carolp profile image79
    carolpposted 4 years ago

A place where i feel comfortable. The environment is very important to me. The interior design of a house, the landscape, a beautiful picture on the wall that reminds me like home.

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Depends on your definition of home. There are plenty of scents that remind me of childhood. But home? Is that where you lay your head at night? In my experience, it's where you feel comfortable to keep your belongings and constantly return to. A cup of Sleepytime tea, close to a campfire with my husband, Southern cooking, sweet iced tea, etc.

5. Reginald Boswell profile image83
    Reginald Boswellposted 4 years ago

Hearing Gospel on the radio on Sunday morning and waking up to the smell of breakfast reminds me I'm at home.

1. i scribble profile image80
      i scribbleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The smell of breakfast- bacon or sausage cooking is one for me too. But I never wake up to it anymore, and rarely cook it myself.

6. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Home for me will always be my home town. The things I connect with are not where I live now. My home may be with my husband and children but my heart will forever connect home with that town. The humidity, the smell of salt water, the way the air seems to touch your face, these are the things that connect me to home. Every so often after a summer storm I will feel the air like that and think of what was once and hopefully what will be home.

7. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

The company of my loved ones, wherever that may be--lots of love, fun, laughter, simple home cooked food, soft music, great moments of togetherness, no hurry and no worry---makes me feel homely and heavenly.

8. i scribble profile image80
    i scribbleposted 4 years ago

There are so many answers. Like being around children, especially in a family environment.  Recently, I've been longing for an old-fashioned family cook out on a charcoal grill.  Games like board games, jump rope, Jax, wiffle ball and card games also bring nostalgia.  Great question!

9. TravisAlllen profile image55
    TravisAlllenposted 4 years ago

I always love to improve my home. For me, there is no place like it. It is the look and feel of my home that makes me feel relax. Marble pavers are perfect and you can find it everywhere in my house. Check this site out http://www.travertine-pavers-direct.com … vers.html. You may love the pavers that they offer. I usually make my purchase from them.

working