This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you make the decision to move?

1. buckleupdorothy profile image84
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

How do you make the decision to move?

Moving is difficult, time- and energy-consuming, and often expensive. What kinds of things prompt you to buckle down and do it? What kinds of things do you try to overlook?

2. KawikaChann profile image85
    KawikaChannposted 5 years ago

The decision to move doesn't come easy, but it usually goes with a strong calling; be it job related, family, health, or spiritual.  I've covered all spectrums in the last 11 years, and will be moving once again back to Hawaii for family.  I've never moved for a job, it seems each time I've moved I didn't really have anything set. 
    But this time, in Hawaii, you have to have a job lined up because the cost of living is so high - you can't wing it.  But, each time I've moved I've been blessed with good paying jobs that has helped me along the way. 
    All I can say about moving is, if you are planning to move, and it looks pretty solid that it will happen, start packing up as soon as possible.  Get rid of all the clutter whether you dump it or donate it.  Get your home down to the very necessities that you will be bringing with you, that way when you finally decide to go, there will be nothing stopping you, and nothing slowing you down.  Believe, moving is exhausting, get rid of the clutter, and you will be relieved you've started early.  Peace.  Kawi.

3. purl3agony profile image98
    purl3agonyposted 5 years ago

Most of my moves have been job-related where I moved to a new city for a new job.  It is stressful and exhausting, and often I've moved to cities I wouldn't necessarily choose to live in if it weren't for my job sad  But the jobs seemed like the right career move at the time and mostly I've learned to enjoy the places I settled in.  I think once you live somewhere, you get used to it and you find things that you like or that make the place interesting.

Having said that, I do look forward to the opportunity to choose where I live simply because it's someplace I want to be smile.

4. Silva Hayes profile image91
    Silva Hayesposted 5 years ago

Moving within the same area, my reasons might be: 

to have more room (more square footage, more bedrooms and bathrooms, fenced back yard), to gain more leisure time (a shorter commute to work), a better school district, or for safety reasons.  In the past, I have tried to overlook:  noise, such as late-night parties, people stomping around overhead, dogs barking, etc., but that's really hard to do.

5. jada67 profile image34
    jada67posted 5 years ago

I lived in a home for 26 years which i loved. It was hard for me to make up my mind because of all the stuff i had copulated for years. As I grew older I knew that I wanted to see something different in a new surrounding . I told myself all my friends was their,my rent was cheaper and everything was a few steps away.. After I moved I found new friends and was very happy in my new place.

6. ChristynaJohnson profile image64
    ChristynaJohnsonposted 5 years ago

You have to weigh the pros and cons.
    Are you happy with the area and/or  neighborhood  where you are living?
    Are you considering another career field or opportunity, or are you going to commute to work?
    Is the area that you have in mind any better off than the one you would like to move from?  Population greater or smaller...rural or city.
    If you have always lived in the city you are accustom to noise, wether from a neighbor's crying baby, to highway humming.  You might find it difficult to fall asleep with only the crickets and peeping frogs to sing you asleep.
    However, I just recently moved from living all my life in the city...to a rural neighborhood approximately 18 miles away from the hustle and bustle of city life....and I LOVE IT!  But that is just me.  Good luck with making your decision.

7. moronkee profile image75
    moronkeeposted 5 years ago

I'll decide to move for almost the same reasons mentioned above.
    I'll move because I want a cheaper accommodation, a friendly environment where I can interact with people and I am willing to move if I live with the wrong people e.g criminals.
    Thanks for asking

8. penlady profile image60
    penladyposted 5 years ago

A decision like this is never easy. In fact, most life changing decisions aren't. That's why you have to think everything through thoroughly and lean on God for guidance.

I'm originally from the south. I never thought while growing up that I'd relocate out west. And I definitely didn't plan on doing so after graduating from college. But there were some things that made me realize that relocation was a part of God's plan for my life.

It didn't happen overnight, and I was resistant for a long time. In the end, however, I let God have His way because His way is the right way.

So pray, meditate on it and I'm sure you'll make the right decision in the end. Good luck.

9. profile image50
    AmbyShinesposted 5 years ago

Moving for me is always an important decision. Most of the time when I moved to a new location its for a peace of mind, for me to be ok with my self, it can be for a relationship, new jobs, community. I always think whats best for me and thats how I buckle down. I do not overlook anything other than I ask myself am I happy witht he decision. regarding moving cost yes it can be very costly and energy consuming. Let me know if you like a recommendation to a moving company

working