jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Do you write lists?

1. Sue Bailey profile image82
    Sue Baileyposted 4 years ago

Do you write lists?

I write lists all the time.  If I didn't I would get myself into a state of panic; especially if I have a lot of things to remember.  I am moving house in the next couple of weeks so I have started a 'to do' list for every day leading up to the move. I write similar lists when I'm going on holiday or preparing for some major event.  Does anyone else do this?

2. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

lots and lots of lists. I have so many lists I make a list of all my lists. (I kid you not.) I've even written a book about how to make good lists that really work. It's called project management made easy.

Sue Baileyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm beginning to feel a little less strange now I know I'm not alone in the list making.

2. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh, heck, for some - project managers, event planners - it's a profession!

3. janshares profile image95
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Yes, I have to write lists or something is sure to fall by the waist side. I have way too much going on that fall under different categories. There is only so much information my brain can retain, especially as I've gotten older. I just started using a hardcover notebook to make daily lists. When something doesn't get done on one list, I move it over to the current list. So crazy, but it helps.

My phone is full of notes and reminders too.  It's the only way to stay relatively organised.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Yes. I used to think that I would remember everything because my memory is excellent; however, as I've gotten older, my brain is just TOO full! Writing lists allows me to unload and relax.

My brain doesn't seem to retain a lot nowadays; although some days are better than others.

5. Blond Logic profile image99
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

Normally I don't but I know I should. I am a more productive person with a list. There is also a sense of accomplishment as the tasks are ticked off.
    Many great business people say they write lists, or maybe their PA does it for them.Perhaps that is what I need, a personal assistance. Or alternatively Sid's book.

1. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Or my book and a personal assistant, too!

2. Blond Logic profile image99
      Blond Logicposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Of course Sid, you are right again.

3. Sue Bailey profile image82

I might have to invest in Sids book too since I can't afford a PA

6. profile image0
    Dawn Aliceposted 4 years ago

Yes, I am a list writer. I don’t always refer back to them though. List-writing instils the idea into my mind, a little like writing bullet points to learn.

7. moonfairy profile image78
    moonfairyposted 4 years ago

Yes! I write lists of things to do and events to remember and things to buy and lists for my marketing...and God help me if I forget my list at home!!!! LOL smile

8. denise.w.anderson profile image93
    denise.w.andersonposted 4 years ago

Lists keep me sane and organized. I have lists of things to do, lists of goals, lists of things to buy, and lists of things to write. I keep a tablet and pen handy in nearly every room in the house. If I don't write it down, I don't remember it or do it!

Closed to reply

working