jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you use warm, hot or cold water when washing clothes?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 4 years ago

Do you use warm, hot or cold water when washing clothes?

Which one is better?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Always cold. It saves money plus there is no chance of ruining your clothes.

3. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I use luke warm water. clothes turn out much cleaner

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Hot for whites, towels and things like that.  Warm for most clothing unless the label tells me otherwise, and cold for jeans or anything that fades or might shrink.

5. moronkee profile image75
    moronkeeposted 4 years ago

I use cold water all the time for washing.  I only use hot water when I want to bleach my white clothes. I like hand washing. Thanks for asking.

6. dorothy0328 profile image76
    dorothy0328posted 4 years ago

I generally use hot for my whites, warm for my man's work clothes, sheet sets and towels and cold for the nice clothes that we wear out or to church.

7. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I always use cold, there is no reason to use warm or hot unless it is a really heavily soiled load. I make my own laundry detergent and it works amazingly well in cold water. Using only cold is also a money saver and less hard on clothes and linens.

8. Efficient Admin profile image91
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

I use cold water for regular clothing (i.e. dress clothes for work) and then let them air dry.  I use warm water for sheets, and then hot water for all kitchen and bath towels, and all under garments.  Workout clothes I follow the label where it says cold water and then let them air dry.  I only use the dryer for sheets, towels, and under garments, and I made the homemade laundry detergent ChristinS is referring to and I really like it and it does get my laundry clean.