If someone went through your Trash, what would it reveal about you?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. sallybea profile image95
    sallybeaposted 10 years ago

If someone went through your Trash, what would it reveal about you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8676003_f260.jpg

2. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 10 years ago

That's a scary thought.  I would hope it would reveal that I recycle since none of the recycle items would be in my trash wink  It would also reveal I use everything down to the last crumb or drop...waste not want not.  Lastly there would be no papers as I shred and recycle those too.

sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

tillsontital - exactly the right answer - no one wants anyone picking up on any of your personal info in order to make criminal use of the information they find..  I definitely agree with the waste not,  want not ethos.
      Thanks for your comment.

3. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 10 years ago

They would discover I have kids, and drink too much coffee tongue. I also recycle, so there's really not a lot of trash in there except for the disposable diapers my husband insists on. We also eat all our food, so there's not even any leftovers in there.

Even the coffee might tell us if you are a connoisseur of decent coffee. Sadly,  I recall people sifting through the garbage bins for food when I lived in Africa - pretty grim - times are hard for so many people these days.

4. fpherj48 profile image59
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

Why does it not surprise me that Tillie has even her TRASH down to an art form?  Far too much talent in one woman!
    My trash would tell people a whole lot about me, but nothing incriminating, and surely no pertinent data they could use to steal my identity......I don't think.
    However, should someone ever choose to be ME, I'm quite confident they'd return all paperwork to my Trash, along with a note, advising me to shred, burn and bury all trash rather than place it on a public curb.  And they would be right!..........LMAO

Far too much talent, wasted on one woman!   Glad to hear that you have no intention of sharing your identity with others.  Thanks for the comment fpherj49

2. tillsontitan profile image82
      tillsontitanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can only add Dear Paula, it takes one to know one and you're the one...yes I remember things from childhood.

5. grand old lady profile image83
    grand old ladyposted 10 years ago

Empty soda cans, hoopeless dishrags, broken hangers and stuff, and inedible food, among others. But not books. We DON'T throw away books.

Empty soda cans!  I knew there had to be at least one less than perfect trashcan thrower out there.  What happened to recycling soda cans! Definitely don't throw books away, ever!  Even the sea gulls here enjoy inedible food around here:)

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

That we drink too much diet soda, and use too many paper towels. I shred or burn the important stuff.

Guess it is always good to look at your lifestyle, even if it is through the eyes of a Trash Can.  The interesting thing for me is to realize that I drink very little soda of any kind since I am now living in a much colder country. 
      Thanks you.

7. teaches12345 profile image77
    teaches12345posted 10 years ago

Well, my trash is pretty much junk mail, so I hope they find that I am frugal in reusing items around the house, or recyling.  I only wish I had a trash compactor so that I could further decrease my trash items.

teaches 12345 - we trash the junk mail too in the UK - every scrap of paper.  is a tree grown for nothing if the item is of no use to us.  A trash compactor would be great.
      Thanks for your comment.

8. The Examiner-1 profile image59
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

In my garbage trash are the empty food wrappings and containers which are 'trash'. Plus used tissues and other items which can no longer be used. Otherwise I reuse them as long as possible. Oh and shredded items made as small as possible.

In the recycle-able trash are (glass and plastic) containers and sheets of paper/cardboard and empty boxes - broken down.

9. BenRam profile image54
    BenRamposted 10 years ago

Well, it will reflect that I am an organized person. Taking care of my home is something that I love to do. I always make sure that everything is in order. I also do constant home renovations and make sure that I pick only the best materials.

Precast Balastrudes Tampa, Florida - http://www.stmgranite.com/

BenRam
      A man with good taste and one who can likes organizing the trash as well!   A rare man indeed and definitely one worth holding onto.

10. EGamboa profile image74
    EGamboaposted 10 years ago

Hmmm, interesting question. Picky eaters mean leftovers get thrown out, and too much Red Bull and junk mail!

Thought provoking indeed. It does make one take a good harlook at ourselves - picky eaters - more about those eating or more about the one doing the cooking!   Red Bull - something in need of a pick me up during the long hours of writing on HubPages.

11. Penny G profile image60
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

That I throw lots of stuff away. It would say no I don't save things or horde . They would also discover I am very careful about my identity and there will be nothing with my name address phone number or sensitive information for them to use to become me.

sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Penny G - very sensible too - identity theft is certainly on the increase and you are very wise to take care of any paperwork you throw out.  Thanks for your comment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)