jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone know good home made moisturizer for dry skin?

1. SilentMagenta profile image72
    SilentMagentaposted 3 years ago

Does anyone know good home made moisturizer for dry skin?

I have pure coconut oil and aloe but I don't want to irritate my skin. Has anyone tried that?

2. Mira Penn profile image75
    Mira Pennposted 3 years ago

Jojoba oil is excellent. The chemical composition mimics your skin's own sebum. Many people report that it helps reduce acne break outs, as well as helps the skin retain moisture. It's very light and absorbs quickly compared to other oils. Coconut oil tends to dry the top layer of skin out with repeated use over a period of time, though it may seem to moisture well when first applied. Aloe is an excellent moisturizer, but drug store style aloe often contains more fillers than aloe. A pure aloe gel from a health food store works well. I like to use it under a lightweight oil or lotion sometimes.

I make my own make ups and moisturizers.

1. WheelerWife profile image90
      WheelerWifeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

SilentMagenta - try coconut oil! You can use it in your hair and on your skin.

3. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

I have, but didn't really like it as repeated use of aloe tends to leave my skin looking "stretched". A good homemade body moisturizer for fall and spring I like combines whipped cream with honey and a little olive oil. I usually use the same amount of whipped cream to the honey and just add a few drops of the olive oil. Put in a container that can be shaken before use and keep refrigerated between uses. The preparation should be good for a week.

For the face, a mixture of egg whites and olive oil applied 3-4 times a week before bedtime is very good. The addition of extract of Rosemary to this mixture helps tighten the pores.

4. profile image0
    Mel92114posted 3 years ago

Sweet almond oil is pretty good. I also like olive oil as well.

5. Daniella Lopez profile image92
    Daniella Lopezposted 3 years ago

I have eczema and have found coconut oil to be fantastic just as I'm starting to have a flair up. Coconut oil has never worked well for me as a moisturizer. Hemp oil is another one that I have had decent success with. What I typically do, if I'm having a bad breakout, is I take an epsom salt bath, then I rub my body down in either coconut oil or hemp oil. Hope this helps!