jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How much should it cost to get three medium sized trees trimmed?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 18 months ago

How much should it cost to get three medium sized trees trimmed?

We have three trees on the side of our house that are about 20 feet tall. They overhang the fence by about three feet. I'd like them trimmed back to the fence line. Is $875 a fair quote?

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image70
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 18 months ago

It depends on the location, the size of the tree and other factors.

3. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 18 months ago

Paul.....sounds to me like you're referring to trimming/pruning branches, simply to clear the fence overhang. For less than $50 you can purchase a Black & Decker 3.4 amp powered hand saw, from Amazon or even at Target. If you don't have a sturdy tall ladder, check them out online. Prices range of course but even a really "good" ladder the height needed would cost you less than $200.00. Don't want to do it yourself? I'll bet you have dozens of friends or family members who can safely do this, just because they "love" you, owe you big time or want you to owe them!
    I trim my own trees because after pricing all tree companies, no quote is fair to me. (original cheapskate) It is difficult to know if $875 is fair for your job because I haven't seen your trees nor the number of branches that need to be removed & it's nice to see the surrounding terrain.
    My suggestion saves you approximately $625, if it's worth it to you to DIY.
    My eldest son lives very near your area. I'll be happy to trim your trees but I understand plane fares are pretty high now. It would cost you considerably more. ( But I do miss my son a whole lot, Paul.....sad sniff sniff.)   I don't do windows.   ...Good
    luck!  Paula

4. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 18 months ago

The quote sound very reasonable.  Much depends on how close they are to your and another house/fence, how accessible they are from the road, how many people will be required to do the job, and more.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 18 months ago

I'd say that is a little high. Typically medium size trees trimmed by an insured and reputable tree company range between $100-$400 ea. I'd be looking more for a $600-$750. It depends on the number of workers, permits,access, and equipment used.

working