jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Which way do you hang toilet paper? Does the loose edge go in front, or in the b

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 16 months ago

Which way do you hang toilet paper? Does the loose edge go in front, or in the back?

There's a big flap over how you hang toilet tissue rolls. Some insist the cut edge should be in front and some want the edge hanging in back. What do you prefer?  And why?  Any fights in your house over this major issue?  Some people get flushed with anger when they argue about their tissue wishes. Where do you stand, er, sit on this question?

2. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 16 months ago

I hang my roll with the pull side on the top. To me, it's easier to control how much paper you roll out from the top (plus you don't have to reach as far to grab it).

I have this annoying habit of re-hanging the tp if it faces the "wrong" direction. I don't do it in other people's homes, but I'll do it in a public restroom or in my son's bathroom.

3. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 16 months ago

I find "over" saves pulling unwanted amounts and is neater!  When I place under and pull; it continuously rolls leaving unwanted amounts which I have to roll back unto the roll which makes it look very untidy!

Have you all discovered a brand of tissue at Wal-Mart called Great Value Ultra Strong?  I was a dedicated user of Charmin because of texture and softness but I accidentally grabbed Great Value one day and used it!  To my amazement the texture was just as thick and it was just as soft as Charmin at a lower cost!

Try It! 

I'm not a Wal-Mart rep just passing on savings!

4. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 16 months ago

Over. You don't rap your knuckles on the wall trying to pull the paper out.
    No arguments as we both agree.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 16 months ago

The Wikipedia argument on this subject is longer than the debate on the American Civil War. Nothing here will add more information than that one except one's personal choice, and I don't care unless my kids don't bother to put a new roll when they use up the prior one.

6. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 16 months ago

I hang it with the paper going over. From what I've seen lately, this is the way it was designed to go:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/patent-s … per-2015-3

7. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 16 months ago

Over the top because it makes it harder for the cats to roll it off.

8. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 16 months ago

I hang it over the top because it is suppose to go that way, but also if there happens to be spiders roaming about, they aren't as likely to crawl into a roll that has been placed with the loose edge over the top.

9. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 16 months ago

Over the top. It is easier to pull and tear.  Although if my hubby refills the roller, the loose edge goes in the front.