jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How do you prepare for a Hurricane?

1. SimeyC profile image96
    SimeyCposted 8 months ago

How do you prepare for a Hurricane?

2. tomsmithnow profile image85
    tomsmithnowposted 8 months ago

Make sure you have plenty of non-perishable food, water, bread, batteries, flashlights, candles, and paper products, etc. Put up hurricane shutters if needed. Bring in things from outside that could fly around and cause damage. Make sure you have a full tank of gas and cash.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 8 months ago

Same as what Tomi says.  Even though I live 3 to 4 hours from the coast it is best to prepare especially if a hurricane hits long island.   We were under the threat of Hurricane Wanda.  So we stocked up on water and other supplies.  We did get the tail end with a bunch of rain but didn't really need what we got.  However a week later we had three days of steady rain.  It was not heavy just a steady and lite rain.  After a day of clear sunny weather we were suddenly hit with Tropical Storm Lee.  With the waters from Wanda, the steady rain and Lee, there was devastating flooding in my area.  So those supplies did come in handy

Now if I lived on or near the coast, the minute I hear about a tropical storm I would begin making basic preparations.  When I find out that the storm is heading towards my part of the state I would load up my car and drive as far inland as I can.  I will not wait until a mandatory evacuation

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 8 months agoin reply to this

Actually the hurricane was Irene not Wanda

working