What class of collectibles are very hot right now as an investment.

1. LDSMedia profile image51
    LDSMediaposted 8 years ago

What class of collectibles are very hot right now as an investment.

I know there may be more than one and I hope there is things besides dead and retired artists.

2. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

It is not correct to think a particular collectible is not a hot right investment. It depends upon the ability of the individuals or the particular company how and what profitable way the particular collectible could be utilized in a skillful way under a new inventive popular skim.

3. heathertml profile image61
    heathertmlposted 8 years ago

If you are in the United States, I would focus on anything American-made, especially at the height of the post-war production and design boom whose style we now call Mid-Century Modern. In addition Danish Modern and other "modern" European styles are very hot.

Another increasingly valuable collectible is vintage jewelry. It is not hard to learn to distinguish good quality from poor quality. As long as your purchase attractive pieces in very good or better condition you really cannot go wrong right now. Pay special attention to any markings on a piece of jewelry. Detecting markings may require a magnifying glass. They are often cleverly placed to present the maker's name without distracting from the design of the piece. Well-known names of collectible quality are Weiss, Trifari, ART, to name a few.

On the west coast, genuine Mexican antique furniture for indoors and outdoors is very hot. Present-day knock offs do not hold much collectible value unless they are exceptionally well made and age well. Pieces made in Mexico in a rustic style and still in good condition are hard to find north of the border, and hence command respectable prices.