can I get help without insurance & I can't work due to I'm in a disability case

  1. profile image45
    buffyhopelessposted 8 years ago

    can I get help without insurance & I can't work due to I'm in a disability case right now

    when I was working I had my suboxone, ritalin and my klonopin. and my life was so good no more drugs I was focused and made the dean's & chancellor's list in college.  Since I lost my job and had to file for disability I can no longer pay the doctor.  Now I'm academic warning and my life is in shambles since I've been without these meds.  I just want to be normal again. I have really lost hope cuz nobody will get these expensive meds to help me get on track without the all mighty dollar.  I would just soon go to sleep and not wake up if I don't find any doctor's willing to take me as a probono

  2. Ohma profile image75
    Ohmaposted 8 years ago

    Have you tried applying for welfare or SSI. If your disability is truly life altering and requires spec. meds for you to function and be a productive member of society I think you me be eligble for both, provided you meet the income guidlines.

  3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

    Do you have an Academic Advisor and a Student Medical Center or Health Services on campus? Both should be helping you to sort this. If not, look for the city or county Health Department and see if they have Free Clinic - ours is held Monday evenings and provides 1) free assessment and initial treatment [sometimes even surgery], 2) free meds, and 3) referral to affordable or free long-term followup care by a physician, nirse practitioner, or whoever is appropriate. 

    In additon to this free clinic, volunteers staff additional free clinics on every other weekday evening. Our overall "help" services hub is called FirstLink. Look also for something like that in your town.

    Best wishes.