When you have had a hard period, which knocks you down to a very low place. How

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. profile image45
    Fionacposted 8 years ago

When you have had a hard period, which knocks you down to a very low place. How would you best...

advise me/us ti snap out of it.x This time last year I was so happy, had a brilliant job, lost loads of weight, was able to help out my mother etc and then next thing, made redundant job just taken away, this was 6months ago, still unemployed gained all the weight back, low thought process of myself etc. I feel stuck, try reading my positive books secret etc, still here in this dark place.

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 8 years ago

Sometimes I fall into a hard place too. I am unemployed, other than house cleaning, baby-sitting and constantly applying to a failing work system, but I don't feel horrible about myself. I am overweight, but I fill my life with things that make other feel good. I find that when I help others, even when I have no money to give, it makes me feel good and it makes them feel good. You don't need money to give time to others.

What I suggest is doing some community work. Sometimes it leads to more opportunities than most people think. If you have a special skill or talent, maybe you could go somewhere and entertain someone with it. Even scrap booking can help. Maybe going to a hospital, nursing home or somewhere like that, and getting an activity for them to do with you. If you're not a people person, then an animal shelter might be a better option. 

If community work doesn't do anything for you, then there are other activities you could do. Maybe instead of reading those particular books, you could pick an entirely new theme to try. Maybe shake things up a bit.

If you want to message me, you can at any time. I hope this comment helps you.

3. davidwpa profile image60
    davidwpaposted 8 years ago

I was restructured out of my job last fall and for the first time in 26 years I find myself unemployed and like you, I'm frustrated and having a hard time.  Sometimes you just have to let the feelings vent and cry, curse, yell or let it out and then move on. 

I agree with Phoebe that volunteer work helps me, but so does meditation and postively affirming myself that things will be successful again.  I'm trying to make it positive by reinventing myself and learning new things also.

I also pray for strength and guidance and that seems to help me too.

4. Patricia Costanzo profile image78
    Patricia Costanzoposted 8 years ago

Fiona, I'm sorry I didn't see this until just now.  For me when I'm at my lowest, I write.  I cleanse my brain by writing poetry.  Once I get the feelings out I seek out "light" people.  You know the ones that see the best in you, smile big and bright, and help you find your smile too.  Surround yourself with that kind of energy.  Easier to attract good stuff into a circle of love for damn sure.  smile

5. RNMSN profile image90
    RNMSNposted 8 years ago

I think too many of us are in that black hole much much love to you

6. profile image45
    Fionacposted 8 years ago

Thank You all so much, I ffeel touch from your responses I really do, as you have taken the time out to answer my question. I am still in the same boat and applying hard to so many appointments and keeping the faith, or should I say tying too. I listen to LBC Radio here in London and so many people out there are in the same boat as me, I am thinking do we blame out gov..smile..

This week on top of everything i was given further bad news, but again trying to see the light with positive thoughts. I have been fighting ill health for sometime now 4yrs Endo is what I suffer from, over the years I have undergone various op and to be told this week they have to take me back in hit me for six. I am now at stage 4 which is high, i have a chocolate cyst slightly on my only ovary right side and will have too have part of my bowels removed. Can you  believe I am 31yrs old no children as yet and this is what i am facing. I always think of those whom are worse off than me etc, although i cannot help think why me, what have i done in my life, which was so bad...

I cannot thank those enough whom started this site, as people like myself are being helped and blessed by people like yourselves...xxx

7. pinkboxer profile image58
    pinkboxerposted 8 years ago

Adversity, though difficult, can be quite a life-changing experience. See my hub on adversity. You are not alone in this. I pray that everything has worked out positively for you now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)