jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Suppose Enough Money Was Printed To Give Every Person $1 Million Each. Would The

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Suppose Enough Money Was Printed To Give Every Person $1 Million Each. Would There Be Poor People?

2. Lisa HW profile image71
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Yes there would, because they can't just print up a bunch of money that isn't worth anything.

3. davidwpa profile image59
    davidwpaposted 8 years ago

While the previous person is correct with regard to how much money is worth on another level I would say Yes there would be poor people simply for two reasons.

1. People will spend or squander the money and be poor.
    2.  Prices will increase over time according to the wealth of the masses to equalize at new higher levels. This won't happen instantly but over a period of time, the free market would readjust making rich people richer and poorer people even those with a million dollars poor.

Just my thought

4. NoRR4Me profile image81
    NoRR4Meposted 8 years ago

Yes, there would still be poor people. I consider the words of Jesus Christ as the truth. He said in Matthew 26:11 "For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always."

No matter how much money you give some people, there will be some who will misuse or gamble it all away, and there will be evil people who will steal and take from others. As long as humankind is in it's sinful state, there will always be some poor among us.

Jesus Christ knows the sinful state of humankind. He came to change the hearts of people, but allows us to have free will. Some will choose to continue in sin.

There will be no more poor when Jesus returns to rule and reign.

5. willo57 profile image51
    willo57posted 8 years ago

You'd always have poor people because for one, they wouldn't know proper money management, which is why most people are poor in the first place.

and for two... if everyone had that much money, prices would go up. heh

6. ryansjones profile image61
    ryansjonesposted 8 years ago

Wealth could probably become a snare to some people as they might be tempted to overspend.

7. Flavie Lolol profile image77
    Flavie Lololposted 8 years ago

The answer is: there would still be poor people because if there wouldn’t, then, every government would already have printed enough money to give every person a million dollars. It’s not the wish of any government to have citizens who are poor. ... read more

8. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 6 years ago

I believe so. Many people automatically adjust their spending to whatever is available to them no matter what windfalls come their way. I agree with Davidwpa in the belief that prices will adjust to the average new wealth, effectively redistributing it and causing people to be poor. Poverty is a tricky thing, isn't it?

working