1. Never lose your cool. If you have to, go into the other room and scream into a pillow.
2. If help is offered, you're going to want to accept it.
3. Don't ever let your child guilt you by being a single parent.
4. Reserve a time just for you, even if it is a bubble bath or a nice cup of hot chocolate.
5. Get to know your child, this makes single parenting feel less like responsibility and more rewarding.
6. If you feel yourself close to a melt down, try getting a babysitter or a relative to help out.
7. Try doing an activity together, like a puzzle or drawing a picture, this can be very relaxing and helps you create more memories with your child.
8. Never say "I hate you"... this is one of the most damaging things you can ever say to a child.
9. You won't live forever, so remember that it's never too late to get to know your child.
10. Make sure they know that you love them.
by Susan Reid8 years ago
What are your best tips for single parents making ends meet financially these days?
by Anamika S7 years ago
Tips for Single Parents
by Chibuzo Melvin Mobis5 years ago
It is becoming a way of life especially in the developed countries and mainly among women to adopt single parenting as the a way of life.It takes two heads to make a good parent besides God who made them at the...
by Merida Craze4 years ago
I was reading an agony aunt column (called Ask Debby) in one of our local papers and this particular problem got my attention and I just want to hear your opinion on this matter."Dear Debby,"I have been with...
by Eliminate Cancer6 years ago
What tips do you have for single parents juggling everything?With 50% of marriages ending in divorce, there are a lot of single parents juggling work, kids school, sports, social activities, cooking, cleaning,...
by Kristin Trapp6 years ago
What would you do if you heard your neighbor's young child crying with her babysitter many mornings?Each morning I take my beagle for a walk and we usually take the same route. There have been several mornings now when...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.