jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

i need to buy car insurance for 3 days.will it cover my trailers?

1. profile image47
    dorota bbbposted 7 years ago

i need to buy car insurance for 3 days.will it cover my trailers?

2. kentuckyslone profile image84
    kentuckysloneposted 7 years ago

Here is an idea - call your insurance company and ask.

No way that anyone here is going to be able to answer your question.

3. theinsurancequeen profile image68
    theinsurancequeenposted 7 years ago

Typically No. It's not going to cover your trailers for physical damage.  You would need to add an endorsement to your policy with some companies, and other companies like the one I worked for require you to have a separate policy for your trailers.

It will give you liability coverage though.  Usually liability coverage extends from the vehicle pulling the trailer.  So if your trailer was to fly off and hit another vehicle, the damage it does would be covered, but not the damage done to the trailer itself. 

I can also tell you that no one will start a policy for only 3 days though. Most policies are 6 month or annual policies.

4. billericky profile image63
    billerickyposted 7 years ago

When I go to work, I only use a trailer once or twice a year, I add it on to my insurance policy and they charge me ten euros per day, but ketuckyslone is correct, ring your own insurance agent, they will tell you

5. zaffcommunication profile image50
    zaffcommunicationposted 7 years ago

Ya it covers.....please view my hub for more information...

6. profile image48
    hillaryrossposted 7 years ago

You can call to the insurance company and directly ask your question to them. I recommend you the best auto insurance provider - http://www.elephant.com/. they will surely help you out.

Good luck.

7. profile image50
    jonardgolleposted 5 years ago

You can go about checking out your options online. There are specific companies that would provide coverage specific to your needs. Some companies would even offer package deals that will cover both your car and your trailer.

working