i have 6 children is there a limit to the child tax credit

1. profile image45
    dshlawrenposted 7 years ago

i have 6 children is there a limit to the child tax credit

2. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

I believe so I think it is three actually, things could have changed though!

3. sturner1 profile image66
    sturner1posted 7 years ago

lilibees is correct, they just changed it from 2 to 3 in the US. If you are married you can claim 3. If you are single, you can claim 3 and your partner can claim 3 provided it's the same household and your partner contributed to their financial needs. It's really sad that there are little benefits to being married when it comes to taxes.... believe me I know. If you are married You can claim things like child care expenses. My husband and I spend 5600.00 a year on child care for one child. You would get a portion of that back, depending on your state, also the portion back that you can receive for medical premiums and expenses if it is above a certain amount. It all depends on your state. Whenever we do our taxes we always try them on turbo tax first without submitting them, and then take them to a professional, that way we see if we came out for the best, before ever sending them off smile! The link below will give you some additional tax changes info.
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/ta … 12041.html

working