What does the word "Rich" mean to you?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. eddiecarrara profile image94
    eddiecarraraposted 13 years ago

What does the word "Rich" mean to you?

The word "Rich" has so many meanings, everyone has a different  connotation for this word, is it good or evil, is it an emotion or a feeling? let me know you thought.

2. Scott_Grigg profile image41
    Scott_Griggposted 13 years ago

My guess is that it would be having enough money (since that is how most folks define rich) so that everyday bills are not a concern and you have enough to travel some etc. I'm not talking about buying a huge mansion, but having enough to live well. And having time freedom so that you can take the time to enjoy life as well.

3. Ruchira profile image72
    Ruchiraposted 13 years ago

Word "Rich" could be defined differently by each individual. My definition of "Rich" does somewhat relate to money since money rules the world but I would give more weight age to wisdom since with wisdom I will be able to attain all the wealth on this planet.

4. B. Matter profile image60
    B. Matterposted 13 years ago

It varies.  You could be rich in spirit, rich in love, rich financially, rich in experience.  I prefer variety with my richness.

5. poojabrahmi profile image62
    poojabrahmiposted 13 years ago

It means the power to "buy" anything you want without seeing the "price tag" And it also means "a sense of security"

6. maticmagister profile image61
    maticmagisterposted 13 years ago

i thought about it and i have to say that it does not mean anything to me.

7. Darcy30 profile image60
    Darcy30posted 13 years ago

It means not having an alarm clock. It also means not feeling guilty about spending money.

8. sonia05 profile image61
    sonia05posted 13 years ago

Rich according to me is someone who has found the love of his/her life. Love can make one poorer or richer!!! Being loved and to love is life's wealth in the real sense.

9. shahadat73 profile image38
    shahadat73posted 13 years ago

R-ecurring and I-nternecine C-haracteristic of H-uman smile

10. thebluestar profile image77
    thebluestarposted 13 years ago

I am not materialistic so money does not make me rich.  I know money makes the world go around and we need a certain amount to continue in the style of living to which we are used to. However, I feel rich when I am blessed with friendship and companionship. Every time I see my grandson smile I consider myself to be rich, but most of all I am rich when I walk in the countryside and smell the trees and flowers around me, watch the wildlife thriving in their habitat and see lovers walking hand in hand.

My view is somewhat emotional, but money does not make you happy, it may help, but there are so many riches in life to share.

11. JMattingly profile image39
    JMattinglyposted 13 years ago

Depending on it's context, I just see it as an abundance of something. 

When most of us think of 'rich', most think of money and everyone probably has a different currency figure come to mind.  Some may think $100k in the bank is rich, others would consider rich being a billionaire.  So in that thought, I would say it's more of a feeling than anything.  On the flip side, someone can have not a dollar to their name, but have all they need living on a beach in paradise with their friends and family and consider themselves the richest person in the world.

Being rich isn't evil, it's how you decide to use your riches to help others which decides that...

12. eddiecarrara profile image94
    eddiecarraraposted 13 years ago

Well, I asked the question, so this is my meaning of “Rich” it comes in two parts. Part 1: Money does make the world go round, and without it, we would not be able to anything or have anything, by this I mean, we could have no infrastructure, we could not build cities, you could not buy groceries or cloths or even receive medical attention. Some will argue that they could live on love alone, but that is not possible. If you were really sick and you needed medical attention, you can’t say to them “I love you” and expect them to help you, unfortunately, they would turn you away. Rich to me is not a number, it is the ability to do anything you want, help anyone who needs help, and to not have the worries of money. As the old adage goes “money can’t buy happiness” but at can buy everything else, including the things we need. Part 2: There are other components to being rich, you need your health, without health, you have nothing, but you also need relationships of all sorts, like family, love, friends, spirit, customers and business to name a few. If we only had money, without relationships, my belief is that we would be poor. Relationships are the link to becoming “Rich”.

13. Mrs. J. B. profile image60
    Mrs. J. B.posted 13 years ago

The word "RICH" has many meanings but when I first thought about the word, Food was number one and then Finances.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)