jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would you work and get paid lots of money doing what you don't enjoy or work doi

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Would you work and get paid lots of money doing what you don't enjoy or work doing what you...

really enjoy but make 50 percent less?

2. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 7 years ago

It would depend on how badly I needed the money to pay bills. If I could survive on 50% less and still make it, I'd probably go for what I enjoyed.

3. FaithDream profile image81
    FaithDreamposted 7 years ago

I did this. Although it wasn't 50 percent less, but I did take a pay cut to take a different job that I considered my dream job. So I would say yes, I would probably do it again.
    All the money in the world can't buy happiness. I'd rather be happy doing what I love to do than be miserable every day. I guess its all in perspective.
    On the job stress causes health problems, I think I would rather be happy.

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I'd go for what I enjoyed...as I did in real life. The cost of a job you don't like can't even be measured in dollars, and even if it means living in a cardboard box, doing what you love is so much more worth it. That said, you are also much more likely to be successful doing what you love, so the long-term benefits both financially and otherwise almost always outweigh doing something you dislike.

Closed to reply

working