If You Had....

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Debt Free Girl profile image58
    Debt Free Girlposted 14 years ago

If you had all the money in the world but could only buy one thing what is it you would actually buy?

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why do you need all the money in the world to buy one thing? I really can only buy one thing right now, and its going to be milk.

2. kephrira profile image59
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

I would buy a jet pack so I could fly around throwing the rest of my money out of the sky.

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

a deserted island in a year-round warm sea smile

4. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I would make sure my parents and in-laws could enjoy their retirements to the fullest.

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Davina, you are a saint! smile

6. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I would assist all Americans who are struggling and buy back all of the property that everyone worked so hard for and give them free and clear title and deeds not including any vehicles lost. smile

You said all of the money in the World so it is one big American family. smile

7. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I would buy the world's largest and most profitable business. I then would take it private, and use all of the profits to do all of things the other posters have said. (And a few more...!)

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL That was the smartest answer so far Lisa, hands down smile

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I have most of what I need ,clean water ,food ,shelter, (maybe improve the shelter a bit )so I would give most of it away to those who did not...

Oh an do a little shopping ,just because I could smile

10. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I would first build an extension on my house, for my mother-in-law then pay off the mortgage, then pad the college/retirement funds, buy property then who knows...

11. jabyrd82 profile image61
    jabyrd82posted 14 years ago

If i could buy one thing it would be a huge ranch in montana dont know why just really would like one!!:-)

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

then you can raise buffalo and sell buffalo burgers smile

1. jabyrd82 profile image61
        jabyrd82posted 14 years agoin reply to this

MMMMM Buffalo burgers will send ya some!!!

1. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What about ostrich burgers?

1. profile image0
            mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never tried them - have you?

12. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

If I could only buy one thing? I would buy a dream house where my husband and I want to retire after he gets out of the military, and save the rest for raising our children.

13. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I would buy the best big helicopter and hire me a crew then fly all over the globe and drop money to all those who don't have any. That would be everyone else as I had all the money in the world. I would make everyone a millionaire.

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's lovely smile

I'd buy my mother a personality. With the $56 left over, I'd buy 56 lotto tickets and hope for the best big_smile

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Froggy, that's some mother you must have. LOL And if you had all the money and did that for your Mom and had 56 bucks left there's be no lotto money. LOL broke again.

1. frogdropping profile image77
          frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lolol ralwus - she's almost totally repsonsible for some of the horrible situations I've found myself in down the years. I suppose the easiest way of helping her would be to buy her a conscience big_smile

And yep, skint as ever wink

14. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

I am a bird freak so I'd love to have Avian Wildlife Refugee for to restore and set free injured birds of sorts, and care for those that can't survive outside.

Money for my dad so he could retire from his hectic job, and like many folk in such a situation buy some nice crap I don't need and put the rest in savings.

Oh, wait...I have all the money in the world so what's the point of saving...

15. Luciendasky profile image61
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

pay off everyone I know's bills

16. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

I will buy plane tickets to all hubbers and have them all fly to San Francisco for a little hubpages' party smile.

17. tdarby profile image60
    tdarbyposted 14 years ago

A giant woodshop so I could work out there whenever I wanted.  Actually, that is kind of selfish.  I would just want to pay off my house and get my kids through college.  Maybe help my brothers and sisters do the same for their kids.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)