jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How would you pay for Graduate School with out taking out Student Loans or perso

1. amwalsh profile image72
    amwalshposted 6 years ago

How would you pay for Graduate School with out taking out Student Loans or personal funding?

2. windresistant profile image56
    windresistantposted 6 years ago

Well, the only other two choices are grants and scholarships, there really isn't any other option.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I guess you would have to write a grant to some organization that would be interested in funding your education.

4. gcampbell123 profile image61
    gcampbell123posted 6 years ago

Hi Amwalsh,

You need to carefully choose scholarships/fellowships that will give you full tuition, medical, books, travel and living expenses' coverage.

With that said, you should still save up a little money for miscellaneous expenses (5% of total expenses).

Gillian

5. profile image71
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

Scholarships and grants like they said. I'm trying to figure out how to maximize my potential in that area right now... Some additional options - complete a year of service with Americorps (recieve a $5500 educational award post-service), work as a graduate assistant or graduate fellow on campus, get a job that pays for continued schooling, or work on a college campus (often you can take 1-2 classes free each semester).

working