jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe it is a good idea to have an emergency supply of food, enough to

1. doodlebugs profile image82
    doodlebugsposted 7 years ago

Do you believe it is a good idea to have an emergency supply of food, enough to last a few months?

Do you believe that one should store several months food, in case of emergencies such as natural disasters? Some major religions even encourage their members to do so. Is this a good idea, or does it just drive up prices and cause more scarcity?

2. profile image0
    marellenposted 7 years ago

With the crazy weather and winter some states have had, yes, I think its a great idea, especially if you have the place to store it. I don't think it would go to waste at all.

3. aprildsygrl profile image57
    aprildsygrlposted 7 years ago

I agree with marellen. I think it is a very good idea. I live in a rural area and have been without electricity for days because of weather conditions. Its always good to have a supply of everyday neccesities just in case. We always have extra water, batteries, toilet paper and non perishable food on hand.

4. Ludivine profile image58
    Ludivineposted 7 years ago

Better safe than sorry....with 3 small children I think it would be a very smart thing to do. Bottled water and cans of food are easy to store.

5. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

I do think that a suplus supply is important.  Food is certainly a commodity worth stockpiling.  ( buying things that you can't house or keep properly frozen is wasteful )  But it is not the only one.  Consider the items that your family uses a lot of.  With three daughters, it seems, that I could not have too much shampoo, hair conditioner, q-tips, TP and other items.

Being as both my hubby and I are heavy coffee drinkers, there is always  more than an ample supply...........it won't spoil, so why not stock on when it is on sale?  We will  use it, or perhaps have it to donate should a neighbor be in need.

You do know, you are going to eat........

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I do.  I live in a rural area and a few yeas ago we had what they call a microburst, and power was out for days.  Having some food and gas for a generator is a good idea.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think it is an awesome idea. food, water filtration systems, firearms and ammo and a few other things. we need to quit thinking our governments are going to protect us and start standing up for ourselves.

working