What are some easy ways for teens to make extra cash online?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 12 years ago

I don't have time for a job, with my crazy schedule and the fact that I'd have to quit within 2 months (going to Europe then college). I already take surveys online, but do you know of any other easy ways to make money online, preferably aimed at teens?

2. AliciaAnn profile image60
    AliciaAnnposted 12 years ago

101waystomakemoney.com
    I have the same situation as you do, and I found that site had a lot of great options!

3. Yassop profile image61
    Yassopposted 12 years ago

You can start here I guess, you can earn cash but be warned, it's not a get-rich-overnight scheme. You actually need to work on writing quality articles before you can see the returns in investment. I'm quite similar to you in the sense that I might be going off to Uni life in 4 months or so and I am planning to try and make some decent side earnings by hubbing here as well. Hopefully it'll work out, good luck to you! smile

4. FranYo profile image59
    FranYoposted 12 years ago

Team up with someone over 18 and sell stuff online: on Etsy if you're creative and/or have access to materials you can sell OR on eBay, for example.  If you have a friend or family who work for a store, the returns and overstock can be bought by employees and resold online, for example.

Another idea:  My son bought wholesale fruit trees and orchids online and sold them by the hundreds on eBay.  He made enough in two months to buy a new motorcycle and had fun in the process. 

Think about whatever you have access to, and turn it over to make sales on the online auctions!

5. jacqui2011 profile image81
    jacqui2011posted 12 years ago

If you undedrstand photoshop and like designing, you could design cards for a site called craftsuprint. A friend of mine has a son who is good with graphics and earns around £100 each month doing this part time. You design printable images for cards and each time someone buys it from craftsuprint, you get a commission.

6. jeffwilks profile image60
    jeffwilksposted 12 years ago

There are several things you could do if you have some knowledge of SEO and can write. Check out site like elance and odesk. These are sites where people and businesses are looking to hire out all kinds of work. Put your best foot forward, but be honest and don't oversell yourself. You can get paid to write, promote something on social media, and all kinds of things.

7. Financial Help profile image61
    Financial Helpposted 12 years ago

To be honest with you, there is no easy way to make money online. Anyone that says this process is easy is going to try and sell you something that probably does not work. Making money online involves the following:

*Find a problem that you are passionate about - As a teen, you are probably passionate about clothing. So lets say the problem is people are looking for a good place to shop for clothing. Now you have your product.

*Create a website, maybe using a template at wix.com or angelfire.com giving free information about your solution. Write some articles and take a few nice pictures.

*Time to monetize - Have your parents set up a Google Adsense account. Follow the steps to place the banners on your site. Now you will get paid for people clicking on advertisements. Next, try to search for apparel affiliate networks to sell their products.

*Time for traffic - Building traffic is the hardest part when it comes to making money online because it takes continuous work. However, it is very rewarding. I provide free marketing training at Wealth Creations Network. It is all free but you will need to have your parents sign up because you have to be 18 years old!

8. profile image51
    debbyrayposted 12 years ago

Im Mrs.Deborah Ray from Atlanta.i know how it feels like to be in stress.I needed a loan badly as a single parents when i lost my husband in an auto crash.I needed this money for the Purpose of business.i could not find anyone,not until a friend directed me to UK NATION loans.i was granted 55,000 Pounds without stress.since then i have promised to advertise for them.If you are in need of urgent finance get to them on ukloanslimited@live.com here is their number +4470359 03933

9. Jon Hunt profile image60
    Jon Huntposted 12 years ago

I make about 10 bucks a week on my site from ads alone. I'm sure you can get something going!

10. profile image52
    byjuanposted 12 years ago

Teens can make extra cash online through writing. They can write articles and be paid. It's nice and profitable.

11. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 12 years ago

You can try making money by writing 100 word posts on RitePad. It takes just a few minutes to write them, so you can narrate your travel experiences there while travelling.

12. profile image49
    azrael12posted 11 years ago

Ebay? Some sites also pay for people to be Moderators on their forums etc (I don't think amirite.com does but I believe some of the Moderators for runescape were paid). If you check the Moderators section on websites, they may let you know if they're recruiting and if it's voluntary or not. You could also look on peopleperhour for freelance work.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)