jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Being at the top is lonely?

1. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Being at the top is lonely?

A very successful businessman told me that being at the top is a lonely place. How true is that statement?

2. yarddog2k profile image61
    yarddog2kposted 6 years ago

I don't know. I'll report back once I have reached the top. I do know I have a lot of company down here at the bottom, though. lol

3. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image78
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 6 years ago

Definitely not? The successful are those who are not alone at top. The truth is about Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and Dalai Lam, even they are are at top they are not lonely. They loved and they are among people.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I've never been at the top.  I think at the top or at the bottom it would depend on how you nurtured your relationships with friends and family.  I don't think it has to be lonely.

5. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 6 years ago

It is lonely at the top because many people find those around them are only there for who they are or what they could potentially get out of the person at the top. Many are backstabbers and then smile in the successful person's face with the hopes of getting some kind of benefit from it, whether it be money, job opportunities, or something they wouldn't otherwise be able to get.