jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)

If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

1. Sottway profile image79
    Sottwayposted 6 years ago

If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

2. profile image0
    bolt1951posted 6 years ago

Love is always the answer. That is really why their is currency peoples search for love. This would include greed, lust, power, you name it, it is the power of love everyone is looking for within the core of everything. Like children we all are, except that the stakes and actions are to the extreme as adults of course.

3. MarloByDesign profile image86
    MarloByDesignposted 6 years ago

I would help military families with financial advice, financial planning, teach them how to use coupons, live frugally, and assist with answering divorce related questions. Additionally, I would provide FREE resume ideas (and how them how to create a stellar resume) and tips on how to find a job.

4. samanthamayer profile image73
    samanthamayerposted 6 years ago

Singing! I've always thought I would have pursued singing as a career if I lived in such a world. Realistically, however, there are other pathways that are almost guaranteed to get me financial stability. I also feel that if I pursued singing it would be too selfish as it would be for myself, and I want to be able to make more of a difference in this world, somehow.

5. ithabise profile image86
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

I suppose this is cliche here, but it really would be writing. I enjoy the craft very much.

6. SuperheroSales profile image61
    SuperheroSalesposted 6 years ago

I would definitely be working with animals.  There is something very fulfilling to me to be taking care of domestic and wild animals.  It can be very challenging, yet rewarding work.

7. MobyWho profile image60
    MobyWhoposted 6 years ago

Animals - I agree with SuperheroSales - Their love is so pure and they are so connected with people. Another "job" I'd like has been on TV recently: two different people ran their own projects where they distributed various forms of aid to local "at risk" people (help with heating oil, eyeglasses, roof repairs, etc) with money given to them by neighbors to manage.

8. Reyna Urduja profile image72
    Reyna Urdujaposted 6 years ago

Here comes a wild idea: Makin' babies???? lol.

When babies smile, strangers cannot help but smile, as well as the process of making them - if that can be called work, that is. smile

9. carcro profile image93
    carcroposted 6 years ago

Happiness is a state of mind, if it's also our currency then I could be wealthy just for being grateful for everyone that has touched my life. Being grateful always makes me feel happy inside and that is the wealthiest thing I know.

10. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Talking to people for a living. I would love being a clinical psychologist. Spreading logical actions to create a positive reaction.

11. profile image54
    TRAVELER AMURE'posted 6 years ago

Believe it or not Sottway, more often than not it's related to what you see as a hobby or what you feel comfortable doing as a charity. I'm convinced that we all come with a gift that we can take to any level we want, as with anyone such as actor's, athlete's, bankers(folk's who love counting money LOL!!!), singer's, etc. you just have to work at perfecting that talent/gift/craft. The bottom line is, if you're doing something you love doing you're already rich.

12. Jarn profile image74
    Jarnposted 6 years ago

Sleep. I could avoid the world while raking in the dough. What could be better?

13. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

I'd fly around on a inflatable cow which moo'd out treats for everyone. I'd pay for these treats through my happiness money.

14. IJR112 profile image60
    IJR112posted 6 years ago

Concert pianist.  Playing a successful concert is the most fulfilling feeling in the world.

15. giopski profile image65
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

To be a volunteer.  Happiness is gauged by faith through selfless giving of oneself.  To be a volunteer is to be selfless not minding the cost but the thought of giving.

16. tjustis profile image60
    tjustisposted 6 years ago

I am a generally happy person. I believe that happiness is all in your perspective and ability to love and let go of the little things. However, if I were to pick what work would make me rich by making me happy, it would have to be a few things. First, spending time with my daughter and watching and helping her grow, learn and play. Traveling the world and learning about different people, food and cultures, and volunteering my time to help others. Spending time with my husband swing dancing and dreaming up new stories to write, and spending time with my sister, mom, and other important friends and family members who make my life light up.

17. profile image37
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

That would have to be the GAS CHAMBER operator at San Quintin!

18. stariswhoiam profile image60
    stariswhoiamposted 6 years ago

I know this isn't an occupation, but still I'm going to say living life self-reliantly.

19. Infiniteresearch profile image85
    Infiniteresearchposted 6 years ago

This is going to seem cliche...but I would work at helping others less fortunate. At the risk of being deemed the corny sappy person (btw..I am so NOT sappy) the most rewarding experience in my life, aside from raising my daughter, was a project a friend (I met her in grad school and she was a Librarian in Madagascar. At the time I was a school librarian and I organized kids at my school to help gather and ship the books) and I put together to send books to Madagascar. We sent 4,000 books to the children of Madagascar and when I received the pictures of those children with their books, I literally sat down and cried. To know that I had helped put smiles on those children's faces and created an awareness of true poverty among the students at my school was more than I could bare....so yes that made me feel rich in a way that no money ever could. (Ok..I promise to never be that sappy again!)

working