When moving to a new city, do you think it's smart to sell all that you can and

1. ladeda profile image61
    ladedaposted 6 years ago

When moving to a new city, do you think it's smart to sell all that you can and start fresh?

I'm wondering if it's worth it (from a financial perspective) to sell as much as possible and start fresh, or would it be better to hang on to whatever I'm reasonably able to take along with me. Your thoughts?

2. LucidDreams profile image70
    LucidDreamsposted 6 years ago

I think it kind of depends on just how far away you are moving, I would also consider, why you are moving. Would it be better to get rid of these items as if they contained memories better forgotten?

Maybe consider getting a storage unit for one month just in case. That is if you will be close enough to make it financially worthwhile.

I dont know, I have done this a few times myself and I tend to start fresh. On the other hand it seems like I always wish I would have kept something that I didn't.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Well experienced mover, speaking...................

Some things, ( washing machines ) are better taken...............you will need them.

Replacing it will take time, and energy, and the laundry will pile up.

Patio equipment.............replace it................you have yet to see your new yard space anyway.

Take what you can not part with.........but be discriminating............

is this thing a vital part of your daily living?   does it perform a service?   or is it a 'comfort' piece?   Are you going to use it immediately in your new home, or is it a seasonal item?

Replace seasonal items, keep those that are used daily or routineley.

Take the ONE thing that means " home " to you........for me, it is the front porch swing.