jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the most effective ways to save gas while driving?

1. brittanytodd profile image93
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

What are the most effective ways to save gas while driving?

Is turning the air conditioner off effective?  Are there other ways to save gas on your commute?  I would love to see a hub on this topic.  Thanks for your answers.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6312448_f260.jpg

2. Brent Miller profile image59
    Brent Millerposted 5 years ago

If you turn off your air conditioner, you can save 5-25%. Driving 10 mph less than the posted speed limit on the freeway can also save you between 15-17%.

http://brent-miller.hubpages.com/hub/25 … r_gas_bill

3. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

During the first gas crisis they recommended shutting your A/C off and rolling down your windows.  I believe they found that you waste more gas (less fuel efficent) when driving with your windows down.  So keeping the A/C off may save gas, but only if you don't roll your windows down.

There are all kinds of other good suggestions such as keeping your tires properly inflated, avoid fast starts and sudden stops (moderation seems to be the answer to many things in life).  I think a warm engine is more efficient than a cold one.  Try to avoid rush hour, drive when others aren't.

But, if we are doing tongue-in-cheek answers, the most effective way to save your gas while driving would be to take your friends car.

4. dmop profile image77
    dmopposted 5 years ago

A practical driving guide, that will save you money at the pumps and increase the life of your vehicle. Over the years I learned many tricks that ultimately helped improve my vehicle’s efficiency on the road, and put a few more dollars in my pocket. read more

5. brittanytodd profile image93
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

Thank you all for your thoughtful answers!

working