What Are Your Best Tips For Working From Home?

1. Linda Bliss profile image91
    Linda Blissposted 6 years ago

What Are Your Best Tips For Working From Home?

Working from home is great but you run the risk of becoming slightly isolated unless you take steps to stay in touch with friends and old colleagues. There are also many more pros and cons of working from home vs in an office. What are your best tips for making working from home 'work' for you?

2. T. R. Brown profile image77
    T. R. Brownposted 6 years ago

My three tips are schedule, schedule, schedule.  It is incredibly easy to become distracted at home.  Your dishes need cleaning, the dog needs to be walked, and the bills need to be paid.  Create a schedule and stick to it.  You also need to be realistic.  Very few people are capable of working straight through 8 or 10 hours straight.  Make sure that you allow for some flex in your schedule just like you would in an office setting.  Finally, spend the last few minutes of the day planning, and the first few minutes of the next day reviewing that plan.

3. cookies4breakfast profile image60
    cookies4breakfastposted 6 years ago

This is a good question.  I run my own creative business from my home, and there are days I have to force myself to remain focused and disciplined.

Some kind of schedule is a good idea.  My start time is usually between 7 and 8 am, and I make sure to give myself breaks and a lunch so I won't burn out.

Working in my pajamas is most definitely the best part.  It's also nice that I can schedule appointments without having to worry about consulting with several people first.