How To Get Your Money Back From a Friend You Lended it To?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 5 years ago

How To Get Your Money Back From a Friend You Lended it To?

How to approach a friend and ask them to pay back money they owe you when they seem to have forgotten about it, or don't want to return it?

2. ramkimeena profile image60
    ramkimeenaposted 5 years ago

First of all never lend money and books  to anybody. Particularly do not lend it to friends because friends are the real enemies in life as far as money and books are concerned. But if you have made that mistake of lending, then there are two things you can consider doing.  First is  to  write off that debt and forget it. If you cannot  do it, then the second method is to pretend to your friend that you have inherited  a big fortune through a lottery or gambling or a will from your grandfather. You  should then say that you do not know what  to do with this huge money. Your friend will naturally approach for a bigger loan. You promise to help him but gently insist that your friend repay the earlier smaller loan he borrowed from you.  That does the trick. Within the same day your friend will give back that money with interest. After this, do  not lend any further money. Your friendship will also sink, but let it. I followed the above method to recover my money from my dearest friend  some years  back.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Did you make any agreement with the friend when you first loaned the money?  If so, use that agreement.  Otherwise it is probably best to go along the lines of - I could do with that money back I loaned you.