jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever checked to see if you have missing money or unclaimed money for fr

1. Charlu profile image80
    Charluposted 5 years ago

Have you ever checked to see if you have missing money or unclaimed money for free with your state?

We've all seen the ads but did you know you can do it for free at missing money.  I just did it and found an unpaid salary check from when I moved (1998) for 65.47 and one for my father who has passed for 25. Hey that's almost $100 for a stamp to mail in the claim form to the state. Have you ever checked and if so did you find money (that just sounds funny/found money)  There were old electric deposits it was cool  Good Luck

2. bankscottage profile image94
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

When lists are published in the newspaper, I usually check.  My name is not very common so if it listed in the newspaper, and I didn't see it, I'm sure someone who knows me would.  I never have found money for me or anyone I know.  Congratulations on your find.

3. nina64 profile image82
    nina64posted 5 years ago

I did check my state records about 2 years ago. Guess what? I did find something and I was happy about that!!!!!

4. kashmir56 profile image74
    kashmir56posted 5 years ago

Yes i am in the process of doing the right now . I found that money was owed my father who had been passed-away for 8 1/2 years, from some stocks he owned, and found that it was a few thousand dollars as well. I am waiting on a document from probate court to show i was the executor  of his estate, when i get that than i can send the form in to claim the money. 
    Glad you to found some money there as well, awesome !

5. Chuck profile image91
    Chuckposted 5 years ago

Hubber Charlu has asked the question Have you ever checked to see if you have missing money or unclaimed money for free with your state?  He then goes on to describe how  he did a free search at a site called missing money and discovered an unpaid... read more

working