jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How much money do you believe you need, to quit your job, and never feel you hav

1. susiempn profile image86
    susiempnposted 5 years ago

How much money do you believe you need, to quit your job, and never feel you have to work again?

2. amithak50 profile image59
    amithak50posted 5 years ago

need one million $ ..that's I want ..no more than that as there is no limits

3. moneytoplist profile image60
    moneytoplistposted 5 years ago

I depends on the country where you live. People living in countries like USA will need more money to pay their bills comparing with people from developing countries.

I have quit the work about 10 years ago when I was able to earn about $500 per month.

4. truebluewriter profile image63
    truebluewriterposted 5 years ago

I agree with moneytoplist, it depends on where you're from. Here in the Philippines you'd be able to survive with even just $300 a month (passive income). Some can do it with less. It's not comfortable living but you'll survive.

If you're not talking about monthly income though then I'd probably be able to live a good life with $500,000 to $1,000,000. Convert that to pesos (phil) that's about 20-40 mil.

5. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

This is a great question. I would be living in the US and probably would travel a bit. Taking into account personal taxes, a home, maintenance, taxes, insurance on the home, etc. Also accounting for all utilities, groceries, health insurance, taxes, entertainment, charity, gifts, clothing, etc. is important. 

In addition, it's important to remember that health care costs increase substantially as time passes & as we age. There is a great likelihood that we will need medications at some point, possibly for the rest of our lives. All this being said, my personal minimum would be at least $9 million USD as I prefer to clear at least six figures after taxes annually.

6. susiempn profile image86
    susiempnposted 5 years ago

Thanks to all that have answered.  You have given me perspectives that hadn't occurred to me.