jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What would be the most important signs to indicate that you should quit your job

1. Purpose Embraced profile image98
    Purpose Embracedposted 3 years ago

What would be the most important signs to indicate that you should quit your job?

For many of us it is a difficult decision to decide whether or not to quit our jobs. But there are valid reasons to quit jobs even in harsh economic times. Share a few vital signs that could cause you to quit your job and move on.

2. LisaRoppolo profile image93
    LisaRoppoloposted 3 years ago

If you get up in the morning and dread going in might be an indication.  Companies are not like they used to be where you spend most of your career at one company and had a strong mentor you could learn from.  You are expendable to them and there aren't any mentoring programs anymore.  If you are stuck in a position with no upward mobility and feeling very unfulfilled, then it is time to move on.  It is a hard decision, especially in these economic times.  I wouldn't quit unless I had something else lined up.

Purpose Embracedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your response Lisa.

3. Jacqueline4390 profile image85
    Jacqueline4390posted 3 years ago

The most obvious sign for me that it was time to quit my job was when I could do my assignments without really thinking about it. It became too routine with no mental stimulation or excitement. I became less as an enthusiastic participant and more a robotic worker.

Thanks for responding Jacqueline.

4. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

You should quit your job when the job makes you feel most unhappy and always tired. When you feel you have had enough  of the daily issues at work try to  be self-employed.  Quite when you see  the changes in you has made you  feel like someone else when you  don't have time fro you and your family it is time to go.

Thanks for your responding DDE. That's an option, sometimes we need to consider becoming self-employed.

5. Sheena Mae Lilet profile image61
    Sheena Mae Liletposted 3 years ago

No workplace is perfect.. it is important to recognize and accept the imperfections around you in order to be content..
    if you expect a workplace to be perfect in all areas, then you will be constantly searching...
    Make sure that your dissatisfaction doesn't stem from an inherent need for perfection.. Look inward first, before you try  to examine the external environment.. If you feel like you are placing to many expectations on your workplace , then recognize this and reign in that tendency.. sometimes unhappiness isnt about the workplace but rather with yourself..

Thanks for your response Sheena Mae, we do need to guard against perfectionist tendencies in the workplace.

working