jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Who's worse in your eyes, a used car salesman or a telemarketer? Why?

1. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

Who's worse in your eyes, a used car salesman or a telemarketer? Why?

2. Pamela N Red profile image87
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

Telemarketers, at least used car salesmen don't invade my home. I'm on a "do not call list" and they still call.

3. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Being a used car salesman or a telemarketer only says one thing. They are willing to work...the stigma attached to them is a conditioned perception.

"When you work you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the hours turns to music. Which of you would be a reed, dumb and silent, when all else sings together in unison?" Khalil Gibran

The world is so constructed, that if we wish to enjoy its pleasures, we must also endure its pains. Whether we like it or not, we cannot have one without the other ~ Author  unknown

4. tipstoretireearly profile image84
    tipstoretireearlyposted 5 years ago

Telemarketers are definitely worse.  We choose to talk to used car salesmen.  We would never choose to talk to a telemarketer.

5. Catherine Kane profile image81
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

Neither, actually

Both are people looking to earn an honest living. Both sell things people need. And, if we don't want to speak to either of the, we don't have to...

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Telemarketers, because they invade your personal space in your home, usually at the most innoportune times like dinner hour, or when you're getting ready to leave for an important appointment.
    We have our number on the national "do not call" registry.  So, when they call, I just cut them off, tell them that, and remind them that it's a $50 fine for each call after being notified.  Then I hang up.

Used car salesmen don't come knocking at your door--it's YOUR CHOICE to visit their place of business, so you either learn how to deal with their shenanigans, or do without their wares.

7. Dee aka Nonna profile image79
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 5 years ago

I try very hard to see them as people who are desperately trying to earn a living, possibly in a business they might not choose otherwise.  I also think it depends on the used car salesperson...they are not all the caricatures we see on TV, etc.

I am on a do not call list but they still call...I simply hang up.  I have actually gotten calls after 11 PM.  Now that cross the line because I don't care where they are they should check the time zone..... for that reason I will say telemarketers are the worse.

8. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

haha this is a very funny question. i guess both are equally bad cos i dont want to buy anything from either