jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favorite recommendation for kid-friendly vacation spot?

1. brittvan22 profile image83
    brittvan22posted 5 years ago

What is your favorite recommendation for kid-friendly vacation spot?

Where would recommend to take a four year old to maximize their enjoyment? Don't know if she is too young for Disney or not characters may scare her because of height.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6671725_f260.jpg

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Disney. I lived next to the parks in Florida for eleven years. The parks should be visited by every child and I intend to take my children at least three times, once every five years.

3. Deborah-Diane profile image79
    Deborah-Dianeposted 5 years ago

I highly recommend Southern California where you can enjoy miles of gorgeous beaches, Disneyland, Universal Studios, the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, Legoland, the Magic Palace and many other activities!

4. profile image74
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

Growing up the beach was always a favorite of mine! My family has gone both to Cape Cod and the Misquamicut area on Rhode Island.  The beach itself can keep most children occupied for hours between wading, swimming, building sandcastles, exploring etc. and then in the evening you can go out for icecream, or visit other little attractions dependent on where you are.  On the Cape our favorite nighttime/off-beach activities include icecream at the Sundae School, mini golf, the trampolines, and fried seafood at Sam's.  When we're in Rhode Island we usually go for the flying hourse carousel in Watch Hill (SO fun for little kids) or the Atlantic Beach park which has a merry-go-riound, arcade, and lots of little kiddie rides.

My other favorite is Hershey Park!  It was as clean and friendly as Disney but a bit smaller.

5. profile image0
    LikaMarieposted 5 years ago

It does depend on how much attention span your daughter has, and how much you want to spend.  We have this little lake called Lake Geneva, with a very nice resort, and family oriented activities, such as the duck peddle boats, dancing horses, water park, orchards, hiking, petting zoos, etc...

Wisconsin has a lot, especially in the summer.  I'd also recommend Newport, Oregon, where they have a large aquarium and such, as well as historic downtown, and you can go crabbing.  We stayed at Willer's Motel, which was nice, because the beach is within walking distance going behind the motel, the modern downtown is up the street, including a grocers and much more, and the aquarium and historic downtown is also in walking distance.

Disney is nice if your daughter is really into princesses.

working