jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Will you work until you're 80 years old?

1. tipstoretireearly profile image84
    tipstoretireearlyposted 5 years ago

Will you work until you're 80 years old?

The Chief Executive Officer of AIG, Robert Benmosche, has suggested that governments will need to raise the retirement age to 70 or even 80 in order to reduce the costs of pensions and medical care.  What are the odds that you will continue working until you're 80 years old?

2. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

I will probably work until the end of my life because I enjoy what I do so much.  I will probably apply for retirement from my current employer when I am eligible but will get a new job in the same field or focus on my business.

3. endless sea profile image75
    endless seaposted 5 years ago

I will work as long as I am physically able to rather it be 80 or 100 LOL not like I am gonna live that long, sitting idle is not my type and as much as I would like to get paid just sitting I hate to think of taking money for something I am not doing even if am capable of smile

4. Jill Larson profile image61
    Jill Larsonposted 5 years ago

I am working on being financially free as soon as possible.  The thought of having to work until I'm 80 is very scary to me.  I'd like to have plenty of time to be free to do what I want, when I want to.

Will I work until I'm 80?  Not if I can help it!

5. Vegas Elias profile image28
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

I am 56 and working right now. I am sure I will work as long as I can. Age does not matter. Work is one way to keep busy and fit.