Is Black Friday Worth It?

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Is Black Friday Worth It?

2. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Not to me it isn't.  Besides not being a fan of fighting my way into buying stuff, I really enjoy using the Friday after Thanksgiving to just kind of relax, do whatever finishing-touch-clean-up there is to be done after The Big Day, and spending a little day-after-Thanksgiving hang-out time with whoever happens to be in, or come by, the house.

Also, somewhere between the long-running, post-dinner, Thanksgiving time we have that runs into the middle of the night, and getting up in the morning that next day, I have to sleep so I can be up early enough to start that whole day-after-Thanksgiving, traditional, stuff we do (like eating pie for breakfast  lol or else making a nice breakfast for someone).  It's what I've always done, but maybe because my kids are grown now, that time with them (and then time with them and their father and/or others the next day) is even more important to me these days.  As far as I'm concerned, the stores can run their sales; and the crowds can go buy into it all.  Stores and shopping aren't going to cut into what I have that can't be bought and that will likely change once my kids start having their own families.

3. Li Galo profile image77
    Li Galoposted 5 years ago

No, you get better deals after Christmas ends.  I actually do most of my shopping after the holidays and during the tax season.  I use my tax refund.  When Christmas comes, all I have to shell out for is a good meal and some new gift wrap paper.  The gifts are all taken care of.

working