jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is Black Friday now "Black Thursday" in your area? Will you start your shopping

1. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

Is Black Friday now "Black Thursday" in your area?  Will you start your shopping on Thanksgiving?

Lots of stores are now open on Thanksgiving to start their Black Friday savings even earlier.  Do you agree with stores being open on Thanksgiving, and will you be shopping?

2. Goody5 profile image67
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I saw commercials on television where toy stores were advertising that they would be opening at 8 pm  on Thanksgiving.

1. profile image73
      ElleBeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I saw a lot too, but here in MA they weren't actually open til 1230 or so at the earliest, cause you can't legally have an employee on clock til 12:00. I think one store might have tried for 12:01 opening!

3. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I say avoid all of it and buy online. Early. I've never understood the point of Black Friday except for a commercial perceptive, and I am a terrible capitalist. I bet a lot of those folks who are having to work would love to be with their families instead.

1. profile image73

Yes I definitely htink that they should be home with their families.

4. DayLeeWriter profile image60
    DayLeeWriterposted 5 years ago

Yes--most the stores around here are starting their sales today which irritates me even more than the 'Black Friday' hype! I do not agree to the stores being open on Thanksgiving as it should be family time and it is not right that someone should have to work and put up with irritable people that literally trample others to get a 'bargain'. I do not shop on 'Black Friday' and in fact if my shopping isn't done throughout the year with time and actual consideration put into gift selection, I won't buy anything during the 'official' gift shopping season. Before You know itt 'Black Friday specials' will start on Memorial Day!...Enough already!

1. profile image73

Yes, I think we'll have Christmas Sales in mid summer fairly soon! And i agree that Thanksgiving should be a family day

working