jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you use coupons for restaurants, groceries, etc, if so where do you get them,

1. Charlu profile image81
    Charluposted 5 years ago

Do you use coupons for restaurants, groceries, etc, if so where do you get them, and if not why not?

A friend of mine uses coupons quite often, and the other day I thought I'd give it a try when we went to the store together.  We went to Winn Dixie instead of Wal Mart (my usual).  I  ended up saving $33.00 on $76 worth of groceries between 2 for 1's, other 2 for $5 offers, coupons etc. Yowza
    Got home, said OK but the prices are higher so it wasn't that great of a savings. So I went to Wal Marts website and found that on some items I had saved a little, but on most I saved .75 to $1 per item.  Then she showed me this little news handout with restaurant discounts I'm hooked,  Do you use them?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

In this day and age, it'd be foolish NOT to use coupons. Grocery prices are out of control. Anything you can do to save a few beans is worth it.
    I buy two different newspapers every Sunday to get as many coupons as possible...then my wife spends Sunday afternoons clipping and organizing them (with occasional help from me). It's a bit of work but it pays off.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

Yes, I do, but since I shop at a discount grocery store, I don't use them for groceries because most of what I buy is "off label".  However, I do use restaurant coupons and save a fair amount of money doing so. 

Nonetheless, I think we'd all be better off if stores would just charge more reasonable prices for all and forget the coupons.

I get my coupons from flyers and from the Sunday paper.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes. I love using coupons. For eating out, they always help me have more meals within my budget. I normally compare prices and coupons on Sunday after getting the newspaper.

5. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Sure, who doesn't use coupons. I get them from everywhere, newspapers, the internet, sale ads, etc..,

6. Mitch Alan profile image81
    Mitch Alanposted 5 years ago

We use coupons regularly. We get them from the newspapers and from some online sites such as coupons.com and others. When you combined in-store sales and coupons you can really see a substantial savings. Shop smart and do your homework. I have written 2 Hubs on couponing and saving money on groceries. If you are consistent, you can save $100's or $1000's per year.

1. Charlu profile image81
      Charluposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Awesome now I can check out your hubs because I would love to learn more about saving money smile