jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are you a spontaneous person or are you a planner?

1. xanzacow profile image70
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

Are you a spontaneous person or are you a planner?

What are the pros/cons of your answer?

2. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I have planned a trip overseas as has to arrange tickets  but are not planning the rest of it now  as  I am very spontaneous which can be a lot of fun , however sometimes it is not good if you do noit sit down and think things through when it comes to bigger decisions .

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I'm a planner but not too rigid. The pros for planning, for me, are the it makes me feel less anxious and prepared for whatever is coming up.  Now that I am older, I really don't do spontaneous well anymore at all.

4. safiq ali patel profile image73
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

Plan plan and plan again and stick to the plan. Yes there are days of spontaneity but most day it is plan plan plan. Because having a plan helps focus.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Planner. Pros - My husband can't plan, so he's happy I'm here to do it for him. Little is unexpected since I expect the unexpected and am usually prepared. I know what I want out of life and how to get it. Cons - Life can get a little boring. I get bored pretty easily so I don't plan to the fullest extent that I could to keep things a little interesting. Sometimes people just seem to constantly try to ruin my plans...

6. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 5 years ago

I am a PLANNER, hands down!

For example, I have created and taught a few non-credit courses at our community college in the past.  I spent weeks preparing.  By the time the day arrived I had attractive folders all prepared and I was all set to lead the class.

Also, when I was in Toastmasters (an international public speaking organization) I wrote and rehearsed my speeches over and over again.  If I did not, I would have stumbled and sputtered throughout the presentation.

The reason I am a planner?  Because I have learned that PREPARATION IS CONFIDENCE.

If I am not prepared, everyone involved with know it.  Even when I have family gatherings: The table is set ahead of time, the menu is written, snacks are in place for the people who arrive hungry, as are drinks.

The only thing I am really spontaneous about is writing.  Sometimes I will get a flash thought and jot it down. 

On the other hand, my husband is spontaneous.  I'll be doing dishes and he'll say, "how soon can you be ready for a road trip?"  I so love being with him when he's not working that I just drop everything and hop in the truck and away we go.

So, I guess my life consists of both planning on my part and spontaneity on the part of my husband.  Blessings Sparklea smile

7. profile image48
    InspiredEyes70posted 5 years ago

Im a planner. I don't like things happening before i knew about it

8. Shaurya Gungun profile image55
    Shaurya Gungunposted 5 years ago

i m spontaneous .. bcz my plans never becm truely gud .. lol. plan is my bad luck sought off ... i love to do things certainly, on the spot ... making fun with that ...alot .. .

working