jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

How many of you writers at HP make full time living writing online?

1. Highvoltagewriter profile image82
    Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years ago

How many of you writers at HP make full time living writing online?

Also, were do get most of you income?

2. createmyeconomy profile image73
    createmyeconomyposted 5 years ago

Do not make a full-time income writing. I get most income teaching small business owners how to make and save money.

3. karthikkash profile image88
    karthikkashposted 5 years ago

I am not yet at the position where I can make a living out of writing on HP. But it definitely pays for my credit card bills smile I do plan to earn a good $2,000 - $3,000 a month eventually.

4. Sheila Wilson profile image82
    Sheila Wilsonposted 5 years ago

I get most of my income from writing online, but I write mostly SEO content. I also do SEO analysis of people's websites and analyze the websites of their competitors to see how they can beat the competitors and get a higher placement in the search engine results.

1. karthikkash profile image88
      karthikkashposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I think one can make money by writing if it is more SEO focused, than regular writing.

5. RetroBrothers profile image85
    RetroBrothersposted 5 years ago

I make very little from Hub Pages or my blogs. I work full time so I don't have as much time as I would like to spend on my online writing.

I would like to earn a living from it eventually - or at least earn a nice supplemental income from it.

So far I am a long, long way from achieving that.

Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes it can be a long process...it has taken me three years, and I am still receiving the income I have hoped for!

6. AlexK2009 profile image92
    AlexK2009posted 5 years ago

I do not though I hope to change that eventually. I was on track till Google panicked HP.

7. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

I make a good part time income from writing online.  It's not my day job but certainly helps with my household bills.

8. Neinahpets profile image88
    Neinahpetsposted 5 years ago

I'd like to, but not sure how to go about it or if I have the quality writing to do it.

Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Writing online is tough way to make a living, I a have been attempting to do this for three years and I still have a long way to go!

9. SylviaSky profile image95
    SylviaSkyposted 4 years ago

I am a full-time editor, have been for 12 years. I work on other people's writing. When I have time I indulge myself in writing hubs but I don't fool myself that I will ever make a living at it, not when rates are adjusted randomly and daily because Google says so and doesn't have to account for its choices.

working