jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you save money in your household?

1. wiserworld profile image91
    wiserworldposted 4 years ago

How do you save money in your household?

2. moneyman77 profile image75
    moneyman77posted 4 years ago

I take the bus instead of driving whenever I can.  I don't buy clothes that often, and when I do it's almost always from a thrift store.  I buy my own auto parts and take them to a mechanic that has reasonable labor rates.  I share living space with all utilities included for a fairly cheap price.  I try to eat at home as much as possible.  I live in a state and town that has a low cost of living overall.  When I have to spend money I do the legwork to find the best deal possible.  I use a dental HMO plan which saves quite a bit off the list price.

3. beherdtennis profile image78
    beherdtennisposted 4 years ago

We use the credit card float (one of my articles). We also focus on automated savings, so we are not tempted to use that money for something else before placing it in savings.

We only shop for cloths when we find huge sales, not when we think we need something.

Pretty much all of the articles I have written come from personal experience, so check those out for more ideas.

Hope that helps!

4. MelonieGilchrist profile image84
    MelonieGilchristposted 4 years ago

We have a bank account that rounds up to the nearest dollar and puts that money in a savings account. Also use LED light bulbs and turn off things when they are not being used, no background TV noise for us! I shop off reduced racks when the produce looks good and will be used that day and will buy reduced meat as longs as it is not expired or anything like that. I cut my husbands hair myself, the barber just uses buzzers so I figured it out quickly. We cook most of our meals at home to avoid fast foods gouging prices. Hmmmm now that I think about it we do a lot to save money!

5. davidlivermore profile image98
    davidlivermoreposted 4 years ago

I don't own an air conditioner.  Saves a ton of money on my electric bill.

working