jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is it possible to live off of passive income alone?

1. Daniella Lopez profile image94
    Daniella Lopezposted 3 years ago

Is it possible to live off of passive income alone?

If you live off of passive income alone, how did you do it? What steps did you take to get to that point in your life?

2. Emmyboy profile image83
    Emmyboyposted 3 years ago

I believe it's very much possible!

I haven't done it but I am gradually working my ways towards that so I believe that in no distant time, I will be coming back here to announce to you how I did it!

The good news is that, from what I am seeing already, achieving such a realm is not even that difficult!

Believe me.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I believe it's possible, but getting there is a challenge. Most people who live off passive income have some sort of product on the market that can continuously be 'discovered' by new buyers. For example, some authors can live off the passive income of their books, but that's after they've had the help of an agent, publishing company and the buzz surrounding new releases and adaptations. Passive income is entirely viable, it's just incredibly difficult to get the amount of exposure necessary to make that much. Some people can do it alone, but they arguably spend more time marketing and making connections than they do creating new products.

4. CWanamaker profile image96
    CWanamakerposted 3 years ago

It's certainly possible but not easy to achieve.  With HubPages you will likely need several hundred or even a thousand high quality traffic generating articles.  Even so, there are plenty of people on HubPages that have made thousands of dollars. Even if I could live off of the passive income I wouldn't risk it.  The world wide web is a volatile and your income could disappear if Google decides to change their search algorithm one day.

1. Seafarer Mama profile image87
      Seafarer Mamaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think you are very perceptive. Enjoyed your very down-to-earth analysis in your answer.