jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are some fun (but cheap) things to do this summer?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image98
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

What are some fun (but cheap) things to do this summer?

Do you have any ideas on ways to enjoy the summer vacation months without spending a ton of money?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image93
    Jeannieinabottleposted 2 years ago

I like going to nearby parks.  Most are free to visit in this area.  There is even one park with a "beach like" area which is nice when it is hot.

I also enjoy the occasional picnic or cookout.  My fiance recently built a fire pit in the backyard, which is not that hard to do.  There are YouTube videos on it and the bricks were relatively inexpensive.  Roasting marshmallows can be fun!

If you don't care what the neighbors think (like me!) you can get a small kiddie pool for the backyard.  I pretended I was getting one for the dog, but trust me, I am hanging out in it much more than him.  :-)

3. Mahendra kiroula profile image60
    Mahendra kiroulaposted 2 years ago

i believe Goa destination is the best and cheapest at this point of time. u get accommodation/hotel apartment and food in a minimal price. or you may opt for villas on monthly rent basis, these are well equipped and full of five star hotel amenities

4. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 2 years ago

For little kids, when the grownups in their lives will do crafts or play outdoors and have picnics with them on a semi-regular basis, they think it's special and they gain so much from interacting with parents and grandparents.

For families, outdoor parties for no reason at all but to have fun with neighbors can include water balloon fun, or having a picnic at the end of a neighbors helping a needy neighbor day make for special times.

For grownups, exploring nearby towns with a picnic in tow could be a really nice memory making activity, as well as creating something to enjoy in one's own back yard like a game area or a cook out area.

For the elderly, getting to spend any kind of time with family members is very special to them, especially if the activity is designed with them in mind.

5. kerbev profile image67
    kerbevposted 2 years ago

I like festivals. In my area we have a Tulip Fest, Hot Air Balloon Fest, Canal Fest, Greek Fest, Tugboat Fest, Irish Fest, Jazz Fest, Apple Fest, Kids Fest, Food Fest, Festival of Nations, and more - All Free.

Also, free community concerts and outdoor movies, and geocaching.

6. B. Leekley profile image89
    B. Leekleyposted 2 years ago

Attend a Kalamazoo Growlers baseball game for $10. Attend concerts in Bronson Park in downtown Kalamazoo for free. Attend any of the many Kalamazoo summer festivals, usually free up to 4 PM. Check your local churches for donate what you can dinners and socials. Pack a picnic and relax at one of the Lake Michigan public beaches in South Haven. Go to the Kalamazoo June Jubilee Day and watch the Do-Dah Parade and buy books cheap at the public library book sale. Host a bring your own booze penny ante card party. Go on a trip by bus -- if you buy the ticket a couple of weeks or more ahead of time and eat mostly out of a shopping bag, that way of traveling is cheaper than by plane, train, ship, or car. Stay with a relation or camp in a state park.

7. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago

Zoos are fantastic I think and great exercise. A park too with a picnic lunch and a camera can be a thing to do really often and let the kids learn all the flowers and trees and use up a lot of energy and no dishes and cooking for Mom! Library trips are fun too and letting your kids learn what all there is there and how to find it.

8. Babbyii profile image81
    Babbyiiposted 2 years ago

Fishing, hiking, berry picking, huge block-party style garage sales and the state fair (less than $10, less for kids) That could exhaust the entire summer.

9. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

Lots of fun things to do in Summer:
    1. Picnics in the park or beach with your family or friends
    2. Cycling or walking anywhere - gives you some exercise
    3. Gardening - growing your own flowers or vegetables if you like gardening
    4. Swimming in nearby beach - it is free
    5. Going to Boot sales or Flea Markets
    6. Horse Riding - if you like horses
    So much to do in summer, just a few suggestions hope it helps.

working