jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you really make money with this?

1. profile image51
    Sarah Welchposted 2 years ago

Do you really make money with this?

Hi all, I am a full time cable saleswoman, mother, and student. I am passionate about writing so I jumped on this opportunity. Do you personally make any money with your writings? If so, how much? I am trying to decide if this is going to be worth the time I am putting in to it. Thanks for you help!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Nobody can divulge earnings.  However, unless you are lucky, it is slow earnings.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Unless you are:

A.) an amazingly talented writer
    B.) a Ninja-level S.E.O. master with the ability to draw tons of traffic to your pages

....at best, you'll earn occasional beer money.

I'm not tryin' to pee in your corn flakes, I'm just tellin' it like it is.

4. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 2 years ago

Go to the profile page for relache and read her hub about income on HP. Most people do not make money, but then again most people do not try very hard.
    If you are willing to learn about SEO and write original content that people search for and link back to, you can make a small income here. If you are not willing to work at it for at least a year or two without much of an income, you are better off sticking to your full time job.

5. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Hello Sarah.....I can't add much more than the excellent comments from Keith and Dr.Mark.  What they tell you are the facts...cold, hard reality.  There are of course the few & far between who make excellent money, but they've been here a long time, as well as meet the requirements above. They also write on several sites.

Just one more thing.....I probably don't need to remind you that this is America and of course we CAN divulge our own earnings if we so choose.  We don't take an oath and as far as I know an HP "gag order" is not in force. AND "LUCK" HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EARNINGS!

The thing is, the vast majority of writers don't wish to divulge specific amounts of income.  It's rather private and it fluctuates a great deal anyway.  Then there are those who make so much they don't want to seem as though they're bragging.  I am NOT one of them.  Not even in my dreams.

I'm more like one of the hubbers who make so little, they refuse to incriminate themselves.

The decision is yours.  A saleswoman, mother and student??  Unless you're also something other than a human being, you haven't the time it requires to really EARN.   Believe us.  Just call us the Bubble Busters.

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

it is hard to make a side income here but if you are here for advice and fun community, welcome aboard