jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever been scammed ?

1. MartinKing profile image57
    MartinKingposted 2 years ago

Have you ever been scammed ?

Online and Offline

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Sort of. When my wife and I were expecting our first child we received an invitation to a "Free Seminar on Child Safety" at a local hotel. When we got there we quickly realized it was simply a sales pitch to try and get us to buy a very expensive brand of crib. We walked out in the middle of the guy's "presentation" and weren't the only ones. We felt kinda stupid for being suckered by the invitation, but at least it didn't cost us anything.
    ...a few months later we saw the salesman from that "seminar" on the local TV news, being busted by their consumer protection reporter for his deceptive business practices. Haha! Served him right!

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

I was selling my science fiction books at book signings and online and had a guy want to place an order online and send me a check for several instead of paying online. I agreed. He sent me a check for a thousand dollars, asking for several books and me to send him a refund check of $950.
    I didn't send him my books, but I did report him to the police, they didn't care, reported him to the bank, they acted.
    So no, not scammed, but I've had similar things tried since.

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12155021_f260.jpg

Nope because I know that when something seems TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, my bs detector kicks into full gear.  I would say that I don't take things at face value.  Always look for the fine print & hidden messages.

working